theSTUDIO instructors: Arlene, Sofia, and Vivian, bring over 30 years experience to their teaching of Medical Qigong, Reformer & Mat Pilates and Gyrokinesis. Our classes are grounded in a holistic approach to balancing breath, meditation and movement! We offer solo, duo and group class formats.
It's incredibly rewarding to help someone rediscover their own strength and ability. I especially appreciate the trust my clients place in me each and every time we meet to help them feel better in their bodies. It’s a collaborative experience and I provide an accessible and progressive approach to Pilates and movement. No matter your ability you’ll learn something, discover things that challenge you and you'll have fun!
Pilates & Movement Credentials:
- Body Harmonics Pilates Mat & Reformer Diploma
- Body Harmonics Continuing Education:
- Postural Analysis
- Post Rehab Protocols for the Spine
- SI Joint
- Pre + Post Natal Conditioning + Abdominal Reconditioning
- Pelvic Floor
- Movement for Trauma, Level 1
Vivian's passion is to make people happier and more mobile in their bodies. Vivian has over 30 years Pilates teaching experience working with elite atheletes, A-list performers, injuries and people living with disabilities. Her training includes: massage, acupressure, Pilates, gyrotonics, gyrokinesis and sports medicine.
Pilates & Movement Credentials
- Studied with Alan Herdman, Europe
- Taught at Stott Studios, Toronto,1990
- Offered Comprehensive Teacher Training Program, Pilates Downtown, Toronto (1st in Canada)
- Studied Gyrotonics & Gyrokinesis training, 2001
- Opened Body Matrix Studio, 2002, incorporating Gyro & Pilates in her teaching repertoire
Arlene Wilkinson, MMQ (China)
Qigong is the art of cultivating energy for health & vitality! Arlene is passionate about her life’s work. She loves to integrate Chinese Energetic Medicine modalities with Western holistic health practices to find the right balance to meet your wellness goals. Let Arlene’s many years of study and clinical practice assist you in achieving your optimal self: Body – Mind – Spirit.
Qigong & Movement Credentials
- Jin Shin Do Acupressure Practitioner, Iona Teeguarden, Noel Taylor and Arnold Porter, 1987
- Medical Qigong Therapist, Wendy Lang, Empty Mountain Institute of Medical Qigong
-Authorized instructor of the International Institue of Medical Qigong, curriculum created by Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson, DMQ.
- Masters of Medical Qigong, Hanan University, China, Fall 2010
- Mantek Chia, Qigong Conference, Toronto
- Daoist Qigong, Eva Wong, Level 1&2, Ottawa
- Radiant Lotus Qigong, Daisy Lee, Toronto, 2018